Pages

May 14, 2013

Ottawa Freemarket Find & DIY

So this past weekend there was an amazing event run by Ottawa Freecycle  called the Ottawa Freemarket. Clothing, furniture, household items, and even plants were brought to the event for others to take home. What a great way for items to be reused and re-loved! Did I mention all items were FREE? 

Here's a picture of what the event looked like!


There I am, dead center in the hot pink jacket! I'm standing next to my exciting free find! 

Here's what I got!


A set of bar stools for my new apartment's breakfast bar in the kitchen. (I also got a knife block, as well as two of those plastic mugs you put in the freezer)

Now, they definitely needed a face-lift and this got my creative juices flowing. 

I went on a hunt to Value Village and found a beautiful blue floral pillow case for $1.99 and used it to reupholster the stool's cushions, using a staple gun. It's quite simple actually! 

This is how they turned out! 


Talk about a drastic change! The once sad stools have been revived, and are waiting to be used by mine and  my boyfriend's butts! 

Any questions about the DIY? Feel free to ask! 

Keep up the frugal

-Mel

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely blog!...Val...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heres another free plant event coming up https://www.facebook.com/events/458278007590152/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val!! I probably won't be attending the plant event as I won't be in the new apartment until July. They'll probably die on me before then haha.

      Delete